1/20/2010

Recaps: Reception

I’m moving on to the reception today. I know the pictures are still completely on hold, but I have seen a slideshow preview of our photos and I am BLOWN AWAY. I can’t wait to show them to you.  It’ll be a few weeks before I get my photos (on disc) back from my photographer. But, I wanted to recap with words so that I could move on to finish tutorials and then just focus on pictures.

4220254176_8c9fc1729c_b

Our reception was really wonderful. We had Christmas music in the background. We had all our friends at one table and our family in front and behind us. We got to sit down and talk and eat our wonderful pizza (seriously, if you are ever in the area hit me up… sailor pizza is where it’s at). We got to talk to every single guest at least once. We mingled, we smashed cake in our faces.

Even though, to be honest… there was a ton of things we didn’t do. We staged garter and bouquet tosses. There was no first dance. None of that. We cut the groom’s cake instead.

4226257721_f347b90124_b

The grooms cake… Neyland stadium of course. Jonathon, had really wanted a Neyland stadium cake. So, Marsheena and I conspired to get one secretly. 

4269895865_b0aed31a20_b

Our “real” cake?  White chocolate and peppermint fudge in orange and white! It was delicious and unique.  Although, it was really beautiful I didn’t even get to try it until 2 days later at a family gathering. But it was wonderful and perfect.

HPIM0003

Then, Jonathon disappeared for awhile and took his dad to see his bookstore (Jonathon runs the one on campus) and Nikki and I took some fashion shots.

4219486847_18fa0e5b34_b

We did do something fun. Our (I can say that now) Nanny Gail decided we needed to kiss whenever someone tinged the glass and we kissed… a lot. And laughed. And the apple pie we cooked ourselves… yeah, we put WAY to much apple jack in it. It was strong… and so punk rock.

And just like that it was over. We were loading up the car and heading home to the after party. Which turned into taking pictures with the photographer and then Amy falling asleep in the recliner, but it was still a blast.

4269941141_88919515eb_b

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, lightly. Inappropriateness and spam will be deleted.