11/12/2009

Holga

One of the things that I have really gotten into with the wedding planning has been ... photography. I have looked at blogs, magazines (including fashion) etc to make sure that I know what I want for my wedding photography.

I also researched photographers for 6 months before deciding to go with Nikki Sanders. I loved her high fashion edge and she took some stunning pictures of this one groom that tipped me over the edge. She was in my price range (one of 3 that I looked at that was), she had the photographic style I liked... oh and she's awesome. We emailed almost daily, talked and I decided.. yes. Yes, I wanted to have Nikki share our wedding with us.

But I loved the Holga images I kept seeing on Tara's website (Tara from Dixie Pixel) and I really wanted some of that as well. So I bought a 120N Holga and I was thrilled until I realized how expensive film was and developing said film would be (the camera was not expensive). So, I sent back the 120 and I am going to purchase a different 35mm version later (I will surprise you with that soon.). I've done so much research and I love the look of the film. So I can't wait to purchase my new one soon.

Also, I'm still in tatters about having 3 photographers. Well, theoretically I will have 4. We will have Nikki and her 2 assistants and Kristen following us around with lo-fi disposable cameras and the Holga.

Obviously, this is important to me. I'm really getting excited that our wedding is about a month away. It's a month and 6 days to be exact.

Want to see pictures... try searching holga wedding in google images. Or you can always go to Tara's website and check out the Holga goodness.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, lightly. Inappropriateness and spam will be deleted.