11/28/2008

Post Thanksgiving: Still Thinking about Food...

For the Reception that is!! Originally, I wanted a sit down dinner. It's a family thing. It's the way I was raised to have a sit down dinner. We still may serve food family style at a sit down dinner. I have worked up several plans for my caterer to price and we will pick the best option from them.

However, lately I am so drawn to tiny foods. Small versions of the comfort foods we love. For example, tiny grilled cheeses and BLTs; shot glasses full of soups, mini donuts and tiny glasses of milk and milkshakes, tiny cups of fries, mini cheese burgers, small bowls of mac and cheese.

I'm obsessed with tiny food. I think it's a rebellion against the massive portion sizes of society. Or maybe it's just because they are so cute. Or maybe it's because they are so practical for a hors d'oeuvres reception. We may even have a heavy hors d'oeuvres reception. We have discussed this. Made a 7 tier way to serve food (even at a non-sit down, a sit-down, and a semi-buffet reception), and tried to think of ways to make this flow. We shall see.









Rocking: Some Quiet Time
Feeling: Kinda Tired from my morning cleaning session
The images above are from brides, martha, and the knot.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, lightly. Inappropriateness and spam will be deleted.