7/14/2009

In sickness and in health

It seems like since our move to NC, Jonathon and I have been sick quite a bit. He had an appendectomy and strep throat. The stress from SACS work caused me to have shingles and I have just got over…. well the doctor wasn’t sure what I had but she gave me some antibiotics and a steroid shot yesterday.

I’m gonna be honest the last two days I asked Jonathon if I was going to die. I have over 103 degree temps and I could barely breath, my heart rate was 133 and my blood pressure low. It was not pretty. However, I went to the doctor yesterday and she gave me a shot and some of the strongest antibiotics (and most expensive on average $14 a pill!!) zithromax since I’m allergic to penicillin. 

Today, I feel at about 75%. I don’t feel like I’m going to die, my pulse is stable, blood pressure is good and my temp is 98.2.

I think a lot of our problems stems from the fact that we are work whores. I worked 6 days last week and almost 50 hours. Jonathon routinely does that, but we work with college kids who can’t help that they are constantly germy. Added to that is not having friends our own age here. Most of the residents in this area are retired. Then the college kids are 17-19. So, no one in the mid 20’s range for us to hang out with.

Anyway. I hope everyone is well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, lightly. Inappropriateness and spam will be deleted.