10/01/2008

Music

Music is one thing I have thought about in detail, but have came to no conclusions. I have thoughts about our first dance. I know what song I will walk down the aisle to, however, that's all I have. But I was reading this post a few days ago and it made me think.

Music has always been important to me. I love music. I don't mean the normal wedding music, top 40 pop or typical music. I love good punk music, and emo, and indie stuff. And I want our wedding to reflect that. Our reception is already going to be a big party. But I want all my music to reflect that. Music is seriously important. So, what music?

Some bands that will probably be (wow, so I was watching the episode of Who's Wedding is it Anyway? where the two guys in NJ have a ceremony. I just finished crying it was so beautiful. A quote from them: "Being with you is like having the best day of my life everyday.") involved in the ceremony, reception and other places?

1. The Spill Canvas - Sunsets and Car Crashes (And in case you are wondering you are like a sunset to me. You are all kinds of beautiful as you end my day.)

2. Jack Johnson - maybe his cover of Imagine, or maybe Cupid, or maybe Better Together?

3. Ingrid Michaelson - The Way I Am (And I love the way you call me baby.)

4. Landon Pigg - Coffee Shop ( I think that possibly maybe I'm falling for you.)

5. The Spill Canvas (again I know. shush) - So Much (How does it feel to know you are everything I need. The butterflies in my stomach they could bring me to knees.)

6. Rent - I'll Cover You (If you'll be my queen, then I'll be your moat.)

7. Snow Patrol - Chasing Cars, This is our song, so it will be included in there somewhere.

8. Hellogoodbye - Here In My Arms

9. Band of Horses - No One's Gonna Love You (No one's is ever gonna love you more than I do.)

10. Avenue Q - The More you Ruv Someone (The more you love someone the more you want to kill him.)

11. Chantel K. - Feels Like Home (Something in your eyes makes me want to lose myself in your arms. There's something in your voice that makes my heart beat fast. Hope this feeling lasts the rest of my life.)

*edit* 12. Mae- Giving It Away - How could I forget this song!

There's so many more. So many! I don't even know where to start and while I'll use whatever songs I don't use in my ceremony at the reception and in the prelude music. I don't want to relegate any of these songs to playlists that get talked over. Sad face. Well, there is too much good music!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhh music. Well we have the same music taste so if your up for suggestions just let me know!

    ReplyDelete

Comments are moderated, lightly. Inappropriateness and spam will be deleted.