10/14/2008

Lazy Morning

So, by some random chance I got off in the middle of the week. Yes, I am off and at home drinking Millstone Punmpkin Spice Coffee out of a huge mug, sporadically cleaning our nest, and basking in the autumn sunlight, the cool weather and yes, wedding plans.

I have so many ideas and thoughts and plans it still seems (14 months away) that it's surreal. Last night, JB and I plotted music. It was relatively easy. The DJ will do most of the reception work. But the ceremony music is going to be gorgeous. I don't want to give this away yet. We also spent 2 hours figuring out how to do the food service. See, we have been trying to determine this since the beginning really. However, every sucessive wedding reception we go to with a buffett we try to determine how to get away from the buffett without going to a sit down dinner. Honestly, we'd love to have a sit down dinner, but people are more important than food and we wanted to invite everyone we love. Thus, we finally worked out a way to make it happen. I am pretty pleased. Most of the time I won't share my thoughts until post wedding because I want there to be an element of surprise for our guests. I do hope you other kids in blogland will understand. This, however, I can share. We are doing a 6 tiered combination of serving styles approach using passed service, family style service, a small buffett, and an American style service. While, it will be complicated for our caterer it will make our guests more comfortable. If you are having this same issue please feel free to email me for more details.

I also wanted to share some lovely details (no pictures) from Claire's absolutely simply stunning wedding. First off, I love Claire and her wedding reflected her style perfectly. She looked gorgeous. Her dress was simple, elegant, no beading, but good quality ( I think it might have been a Vera or maybe a Priscilla). The wedding was outside on thick, plush grass and she was barefoot! It was so classic and whimsical. I think that was my favorite part. The ceremony was short and to the point, but she had a recieving line and took pictures with all the guests as she greeted them. It was beautiful. It was also the first wedding I've been to where they actually had coffee. It was a desert reception with tons of good little yummies. All in all it was so stunning. Claire if you are reading this. You are amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are moderated, lightly. Inappropriateness and spam will be deleted.